Introducing Niagara’s First Green Community
Phase 6 Coming Soon – Register Today!
2014 CHBA NATIONAL SAM AWARDS RECOGNIZING CANADIAN HOUSING EXCELLENCE
FINALIST COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT AWARD; VILLAGE ON THE TWELVE
How much do homeowners love Niagara’s Village on the Twelve? Consumers have responded so strongly to this dramatically different community of homes that it is now in its sixth stage of construction. Healthy, livable and distinctive, Village on the Twelve reflects Silvergate Homes’ longstanding commitment to green building principles, highly functional design and creating truly unique neighbourhoods
Phase 6 COMING 2018
Overlooking a beautiful ravine along the banks of Niagara’s Twelve Mile Creek, Phase 6 of Village on the Twelve features two storey and bungalow urban townhomes. In addition to having distinctive exterior finishes, the clusters will feature a blend of brownstone-style walkups as well as bungalow-style models. Step inside these homes and you’ll be greeted by innovative floorplans and contemporary styling.
Click on the community feature to browse.
As the Niagara region’s premier green home builder, Silvergate Homes is proud to be building homes that are better for the environment and better for the people who live in them. All Village on the Twelve homes are both Energy Star and GreenHouse certified.
These high standards set our homes apart, providing a number of benefits to homeowners including:
- warmer, draft-free comfort in the winter months
- a cooler, less damp and fresher home in the summer months
- drastically reduced levels of outside pollutants and allergens in the home
- better basements that are water tight and well insulated, reducing the chance of mold
- air tight windows allowing higher winter indoor humidity while eliminating mold
- fresh, dust-free air circulation through high efficiency heat recovery ventilation systems (HRVs) that remove moisture and odours.
- 25 – 30% savings on energy costs every month
- A 10% rebate on the mortgage insurance premium and homebuyer privilege program is available through both the Canada Mortgage and Housing Council
In addition to being healthier homes, being Energy Star and GreenHouse certified means Village on the Twelve homes also have a lighter environmental footprint. Built to energy efficiency standards well above the provincial average, Village on the Twelve homes typically produce two tonnes fewer greenhouse gases each year than other new homes. Other benefits to the planet include:
- reduced construction waste and landfill created during building process
- reduced use of fossil fuels
- 25% reduction in water consumption
With decades of experience building homes that support the principles of green design, Silvergate Homes’ strong commitment to the environment has become a business standard. Silvergate Homes was proud to be Niagara’s first builder to apply the ENERGY STAR environmental standard to an entire community of homes. The company’s longstanding commitment to the planet has not gone unnoticed. The company was awarded the Niagara Homebuilders Association’s very first Excellence in Green Construction/Renovation Award in 2012.
Village on the Twelve blends the character and people-friendly features of neighbourhoods from a simpler time with modern design elements. The result is a dynamic new community that is highly functional for life in the 21st century featuring:
- Streets that are designed for people, not vehicles
- Ample visitor parking spaces
- Unique homes that vary in architecture, building form, size, and use
- A strong connection between the neighbourhood and its natural ravine setting, featuring beautiful walking trails along the banks of the Twelve Mile Creek.
Located in the heart of Niagara, Village on the Twelve residents enjoy central access to all the region has to offer, including dozens of wineries and golf courses, miles of recreational trails for hiking and cycling, fantastic dining, unique festivals and world-class theatre. Enjoy the convenience of restaurants, coffee shops, banking and unique specialty shops just a short stroll from your front door. With construction underway in downtown St. Catharines on a world-class performing arts centre as well as a beautiful new spectator facility, Village on the Twelve residents will also be just a few kilometres from a wide range of shows and sports events throughout the year.
Newcomers to the Village on the Twelve community immediately sense that they’ve arrived at a neighbourhood that is dramatically different. Distinctive architecture; varied exterior finishes and diverse, yet complimentary building styles create an environment that recognizes and reflects the unique personalities of the families that live there.
This distinct sense of place extends to the interior environments at Village on the Twelve as well. As a custom homebuilder, Silver Gate Homes has vast experience building homes that are designed specifically for the homeowners, inspired by their unique lifestyle. Village on the Twelve homeowners can choose from a range of innovative floorplans and finish options to create a home that meets their unique needs and expresses their personal style.